Ever since I discovered the very encouraging words by Kat from 'Inspired to Action' I have been thinking about writing out my own personal mission statement. I've been dreading it for fear that I would be able to do it or it would be lacking personality. But last night I put my fear aside took out my notes and started. Turned out to be far easier that I thought. Here is my first draft. As my life story changes I'm sure it will only grow and get deeper.
In my role as a Christian I want to be more familiar with the best and most powerful weapon, tool and resource God provided, His Word.
- To be able to take His Word and provide practical application to my daily life.
- To live a life that when in fellowship with others they can sense the Holy Spirit within me immediately and to be a light for them.
- To have a strong, personal and most importantly consistent prayer life.
In my role of Servant I want to end each day knowing that whatever I did for others that day I did my best.
- To always be compassionate to the needs of others and to willingly sacrifice myself to help them fulfill their needs.
- To put others before myself.
My role as a wife should be one of honor, respect, admiration, love, kindness and trust.
- To ensure that my husband will never doubt my loyalty to and desire for him.
- To be his best friend.
- To be someone he can depend on.
- To listen to his words and be able to serve him and help him meet his own personal goals.
- To help him always feel that he is valued, needed and appreciated each day by me and our children.
As a mother I desire to be a warm, fair and consistent leader, role model and guide for my children.
- To train them up in Gods Word through words, actions and example.
- To ensure they know and understand the boundaries of the home and to be aware of the consequences when boundaries are ignored or refuted.
- For my children to know without doubt that they are loved, cared for and valued in our home.
- To prepare them for the world outside and equip them with wisdom to make smart, calculated and prayer filled decisions.