Saturday, May 11, 2013

Philippa's Mission Statement

Ever since I discovered the very encouraging words by Kat from 'Inspired to Action' I have been thinking about writing out my own personal mission statement. I've been dreading it for fear that I would be able to do it or it would be lacking personality. But last night I put my fear aside took out my notes and started. Turned out to be far easier that I thought. Here is my first draft. As my life story changes I'm sure it will only grow and get deeper.


Christian:

In my role as a Christian I want to be more familiar with the best and most powerful weapon, tool and resource God provided, His Word. 

  • To be able to take His Word and provide practical application to my daily life. 
  • To live a life that when in fellowship with others they can sense the Holy Spirit within me immediately and to be a light for them. 
  • To have a strong, personal and most importantly consistent prayer life. 

Servant:

In my role of Servant I want to end each day knowing that whatever I did for others that day I did my best. 
  • To always be compassionate to the needs of others and to willingly sacrifice myself to help them fulfill their needs. 
  • To put others before myself. 

Wife:

My role as a wife should be one of honor, respect, admiration, love, kindness and trust. 
  • To ensure that my husband will never doubt my loyalty to and desire for him. 
  • To be his best friend. 
  • To be someone he can depend on. 
  • To listen to his words and be able to serve him and help him meet his own personal goals. 
  • To help him always feel that he is valued, needed and appreciated each day by me and our children. 

Mother:

As a mother I desire to be a warm, fair and consistent leader, role model and guide for my children. 
  • To train them up in Gods Word through words, actions and example. 
  • To ensure they know and understand the boundaries of the home and to be aware of the consequences when boundaries are ignored or refuted. 
  • For my children to know without doubt that they are loved, cared for and valued in our home. 
  • To prepare them for the world outside and equip them with wisdom to make smart, calculated and prayer filled decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment