Friday, December 4, 2009

Ty's First Thanksgiving

This year our Thanksgiving was extra special thanks to Ty. It was our first time celebrating the holiday back in Orlando since our engagement in 2003. And our first Thanksgiving we spent together as a family ... Chris, Ty and myself. It was awesome. We have so much to be thankful for this year.

Love, forgiveness, honesty, and thankfulness …

Those are just a few of the qualities you learn being a follower of Christ. And this year we got the honor and privilege of sharing what we are thankful for with family and friends.
Every year brings new experiences, memories, challenges and rewards. This year Chris and I were blessed to conceive, develop and birth our first precious baby boy. We have been over joyed by the blessings this adventure has brought us so far. And love every moment we spend with him.

Just a few years back we would have not have thought that this time was possible. After an unfortunate miscarriage in 2005 and years of unsuccessful attempts we had almost given up trying to raise a family. But God showed his love and mercy on us this year and here I am writing this blog post with a precious (and quite adorable) baby sleeping on my chest.
That is what we were thankful for this year.

1 comment:

  1. He is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. I remember how happy I was when my daughter was born, I couldn't wait to meet her. Enjoy this time because they grow so fast! And start talking back to you! I am happy for you and your husband.

    Thanks for visting my site today and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete