Monday, January 31, 2011

Guess Who is Not in Bed?

Today I am amazing grateful and thankful for God's loving graces.

Last week Thursday we had our most recent prenatal check up. We are nearing the third trimester and so far things have been going pretty darn smooth. Physically and emotionally I am filled and happy. However, although things are going well, I am obligated to have them check out my cervical length. With Ty I was already put on bed rest because I was dilating so much at this point. They say a problem like that typically repeat itself with each pregnancy. I have been putting it off but felt that it was now a good time to finally have my midwife check how my cervix was going. And while it was pretty closed, only around .25 centimeters dilated, she felt I was around 50% effaced which isn't good. So she scheduled me to have an ultrasound done right away.

Well this afternoon was our appointment. Chris drove like a mad man to make it in time to see our little lady bug on screen and make sure everything was okay. During this ultrasound she was able to check on a few things that were not visible the last time. We were missing a full few of all four heart chambers as well as some facial features. After getting that stuff and some other fun pictures for us she confirmed that my cervixs was well in the safe range and I am not in fear of preterm labor any time soon.

So no bed rest for me any time soon.

Here is my little lady bugs face and knees

No comments:

Post a Comment