Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Son Makes Me Super Happy/Proud...


Allow me to tell you how awesome my son is and how proud he makes me. I have watched this kid of of mine grow and I am just amazed at how smart he is. He's in the stage of asking questions which is just adorable. He's not straight out asking you a question, it's whenever you ask him to do something, he would ask this, with a very high inflection. Or he'd repeat just the last bit of what you asked, with that high inflection. It is the cutest.


Anyways, last Friday, he had to go to the doctor to get some blood drawn. Nothing's wrong, it's just apart of his 2 year check up. Oh, the best part is that I got the wonderful pleasure of carring him. I think I was more nervous than he was. He has never had to have any blood drawn before, so immediately I was like, is he going to be ok? How's he going to react?


We got to the lab, and signed in and waited. Finally we were called, and because I am a very protective dad, I start dropping questions about everything possible to the front desk person. I am thankful she wasn't annoyed by me and my questions. Although, after the fourth or fifth question, she just said that the tech would be able to answer all of my questions. Fine. I can handle that. At this point, Ty is not at ease at all. He just doesn't like anything resembling a doctor's office. We sit down the room, and in walks the tech. Ty is watching every move he makes. Watching everything he's doing.


The tech walks me thru everything that was going to be done. And so we started. Ty wasn't so happy that he was being stuck with the needle. He cried, well, there were no tears, and once he saw the blood moving, his attention was focused on that. After that the tech gave him a sticker. But wait, not just any sticker, a Buzz Lightyear sticker! At that point, all was right with the world.


After that, to celebrate my son's bravery, we went to the mall to ride the cho-cho. Another big deal. He even got a chance to sit in the front and ring the bell and sound the horn. To top the cake, we then spent some time in the play ground area. He got a chance to run and play with some other kids and just burn some energy.



Every evening when I get home, I make it a point to just sit him in my lap and just hug him and kiss him and tell him how proud I am of him and who much mommy and dada loves him. I think he knows.




No comments:

Post a Comment