Friday, September 23, 2011

Ty's First Sleepover

I am so happy to announce that last night Ty successfully survived his very first sleep over with his best friend Judah. Chris and I had some stuff to take care of last night and this morning and we were trying to figure out how to get things accomplished smoothly with a toddler running around. I passed by Lauren in the hall way and just suggested the idea. Praise Jesus she didn't run away screaming!!! Thanks Lauren.

And in the typical Ty like fashion when we arrived at their house he promptly made himself at home playing with Judah, Charlie and the chu chu trains. So much so to the point that when I was trying to leave he paid absolutely no attention to me.

Of course as always I did more worrying and fretting then he would even care to know about. He did great. They even slept in the same room and fell asleep about the same time they normally would. I did get a morning report saying that around 3 am he did wake up and call for mommy but by the time Lauren arrived to consul him he was already back to sleep. I guess waking up and finding his best friend in the room was comforting enough.

I just wish I had a camera on him the whole time just to see all the fun he was having.

On the other hand Chris and I were in pieces in the house without him. We both stood by his bed briefly and just stared for a moment at the emptiness. Yes we are sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment