Saturday, October 9, 2010

10 Weeks and Counting

This week we reached the ten week mark and things are getting exciting. On Wednesday we had our first prenatal check up at BirthCare in Virginia. Originally Toya was going to come with me but things worked out that Chris was home and able to come with me instead. The appointment was a normal first check up, urine test, blood test, pap smear and the first attempt to hear the heart beat. We tried but the baby was just too tiny for the Doppler to pick up the heart beat. Our next appointment isn't for another four weeks and I will be 14 weeks then so maybe ... fingers crossed. We were thinking of doing an ultrasound around now, like we did with Ty but because the insurance is different up here they may only cover one ultrasound so I think we would just go ahead and wait until the big 20 week ultrasound.

Besides that, things are as expected. I am almost always, tired and always hungry and always feeling woozy. I had my first episode of emotional breakdown ... which compared to this time with Ty is a lot better. In the middle of the week, after the appointment I was just looking around at all the stuff that wasn't getting done properly (or at all) at work, at home and just everyone. I was feeling very low and ashamed. Since then things have certainly improved. I have caught up a lot at work and my boss is so caring and understanding that he has given me Monday of next week off. And my home is in much better order thanks to Chris' help and Ty's cooperation. Things aren't perfect but at least I don't feel like a failure right now. Which is nice.

1 comment: