Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nesting Already

This weekend my husband and I were blessed by family and friends who came and celebrated with us during our babies shower. It was an awesome experience, loved being with everyone and really loved the gifts. It was so exciting to see all the different items that I will be using with my little one soon. I don't know, maybe I am weird but even getting baby wipes made me excited and gave me that gooey warm motherly feeling.

And then it hit me ...

Wow we got a lot of stuff. Where are we going to put it all.

You see, don't know if I mentioned it but we are rooming with some family members so between the 3 of us we will only have one small room. So far we have our bed, cabinets and the crib set up. But looking at all the other new stuff, I just can't see how it is all going to fit in here. I know it will all work out and right now it just all seems overwhelming ... we just need time.

Funny thing though, now that most of the babies items have arrived and I get to see them piled up in my room everyday I think I have started the nesting phase way too early. I find my self frequently looking around the room for different ways to have stuff organized to better fit all that we need for the baby. I would momentarily panic thinking that we don't have time. But I know that we do ... a little over 5 to 8 weeks. Just makes it worse that I am on bed rest and can only visualize my ideas, can't do any re-arranging to the husband comes home. But it is all getting done, I just need to relax and enjoy these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment