Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update on Ty Land

Ha ha, get it Ty Land ... sounds like Thai Land but its not the country its my stomach ...

Okay never mind. I won't try to be cute any more.

So this week has started off as a pretty awesome week. (Except for my dear friend who had a little incident involving car keys and her daughter). I know it is only Tuesday but I feel the rest of the week will be great also. It all started early Monday morning with our first 3rd trimester check up.

During this visit had our glucose test. For those of you who are following and know I did take a test like this already, since I changed doctors I don't know the results of the first test and since my weight has been far more controlled there was no immediate reason to take it earlier. I will not get the results from this test until our next appointment in two weeks. After this test we also just did the general check up stuff, check me, check the baby, chit chat about my feelings and such. Well after all had been checked my now favorite person in the world, Midwife Alice, decided to take me off of bed rest for the next two weeks to see how things are. :) Yeah.

Of course, just because I am off of bed rest doesn't mean I am going to go hog crazy and do everything. But there are some stuff around the home that I have been wanting to do. But I am starting light.

After the appointment, I met up with Chris to visit and interview our first pediatrician. We need to secure one right away. The first one we met was highly recommended by some friends of ours. We were a little concerned because when we called to set the appointment I checked to make sure they accept our insurance, didn't want to waste time, and at the time they couldn't take anymore medicaid patients. Thankfully, something told me to still set the appointment, who knows by the time Ty is born they could have some more openings. So we went and mentioned this do the office manager and she informed us that since Thursday (the day after I made the appointment) the number the were allowed to accepted has increased. Which is really really good because Chris and I really liked their medical philosophies and the atmosphere of the office. We meet with one more pediatrician today but I think we are pretty set.

Well now you are all caught up for now. Things are moving along now pretty fast as we get closer. We have less then 80 days to go so look for me updates from us as the weeks go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment