Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our Body Week 33

One more down ... 4-7 more to go. Time is getting shorter and there are still some more things that I would like to do before the big day. Good thing is that according to some of the pregnancy checklists out there, we are right on track and should be prepared for the delivery. Well I still need to start packing and preparing the bags for me, Ty and Chris for the delivery. If all goes well, and we are still at the Birthing Cottage, we won't need too much stuff. I know, after this entry I am going to make my packing lists ... that is a good place to start.

Well week 33 brings loads of excitement for us. All the different websites and books that Chris and I read regularly now put Ty weighting in at almost 4.5 pounds. That is huge, and is going to gain anywhere around .5 pounds for the next few weeks. Also, more importantly his lungs are developing now. Not fully yet, if born now we would still need to have him stay in the hospital but they are getting stronger each day.

As for me: I am in the most pain I have really ever experienced before. My ligaments and back and sides hurt so much, especially first thing in the morning and in the middle of the night. I am so glad he is growing, it's just that my body isn't. I now understand why there are so many different articles and journals written regarding uncomfortable sleep for pregnant women. Oh and my appetite is going crazy. One minute I am craving something sweet, the next something salty. But I am trying to stay away from the junk food ... been snacking a lot lately on not so healthy foods (Doritos and Hershey kisses).

No comments:

Post a Comment