Sunday, January 4, 2009

My 21 Day Fast

This weekend my Pastor started a series on Getting A Fresh Start on life. Part of this series he is proposing to the entire congregation a 21 day fast. He has even created a website dedicated to this mission to help everyone involved. http://www.freshstartseries.com/. Chris and I signed the commitment forms but I still need to figure out what it is I'm going to fast from. There are so many different ways to fast, you do not have to do the food fast all the time. A few years ago I fasted from juice and soda, I could only drink water. I did it for 3 months and it was awesome.

I have figured out what it is I am fasting for though. Here are my reasons

1) My prayer life - for increased frequency, content and depth.

2) My marriage to Chris, how we communicate and they different ways I can show him respect.

3) The move we are making.

4) What I do to occupy my free time, how productive and active I am being.

5) My business, how I approach it and the changes we have planned for the new year. See http://faevent.com/blog/2009/01/the-right-direction/

Are you planning on participating in the 21 day fast also? What do you plan on fasting from and what are you fasting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment