Thursday, January 29, 2009

We Can Do This

Chris and I recently moved. In fact a week before we discovered we were pregnant we had just moved from Maryland to Florida. In Maryland I had a full time job at a great church and had a nice home with Chris' family. But in the summer of 2008 God made it very clear to us that by the start of the new year we had to move back to Florida and begin a Fresh Start in Orlando. Being the obedient servants of the Lord we are we told my boss right away and began making arrangements for our move. As the time approached for the move we had major mixed feelings. We had a stable and comfortable life in Maryland with plenty of family, friends and support. We hated leaving all of that. Especially knowing that in Orlando neither of us had employment, we didn't have a home yet and didn't have church home yet. But the most important thing is that we knew we were in the will of the Lord and walking in Faith. We are not scared or anxious, but we do get a little nervous now and then when we think of what our bank account looks like.

Right now we are really pushing for Chris to find a nice stable full time job with benefits. (Did I mention that we both are unemployed right now so neither of us insurance. YIKES!!!) I am looking for something part time - administrative assistant type of work. I am looking for a part time job for several reasons.

1. I have started my own business in event planning and want time to focus on that. I started the business in Maryland and I am working on getting everything established here in Florida. Soon (very soon) I will have clients and will need time to focus on getting their events planned right.

2. I have also decided to start my own Cookie Lee jewelry business. My good friend Rachinee is helping me along the way and has provided me with what I need to get started. In fact my first show is this Saturday. Fingers crossed on a successful start.

3. Need to time to relax and enjoy the pregnancy. Don't want to be over worked.

4. Once the baby arrives I want to be able to continue to work part time and be home the rest of the time with the baby.

So that is our need today. We need for Chris to land a great full time job with wonderful and affordable benefits and for me to land a nice comfortable part time job.

Peace Out
Philippa Channer

No comments:

Post a Comment