Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Won't Worry

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I found myself repeating that verse in my mind several times today. We had our 5 prenatal visit this morning and thankfully everything is well with Ty. He is just where he needs to be and growing just fine. I on the other hand seem to be growing way too much. My weight gain seems to be of concern to the doctor and she has requested that I have my gestational diabetes test done early to make sure it is just my over eating and nothing else. That is scheduled to happen on this Thursday. You can read about gestational diabetes and how the test is done here: http://www.babycenter.com/0_gestational-diabetes_2058.bc.

I am fighting not to be concerned and praying that it is my fatty self just eating too much. If it is gestational diabetes than that could mean that delivering at the birthing cottage will no longer be an option because I would be considered high risk, and Ty could grow too much and a c-section is possible. We have already started to make steps toward a more healthy diet for me and a regular exercise routine.

So I am looking for prayers and well wishes. Praying that the test on Thursday goes well, and that I can have the will power and determination to stick to this healthy eating plan and focus on exercising as much as my body needs. Thank you so much. Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Let go and let God! If God be for you, who can be against you? I am claiming a good test result in Jesus' name! Amen.

    Kim Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phil,

    We'll be praying and trusting that all will go well. Love you,T

    ReplyDelete