Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reality is Setting in and Limitations are Rising

So this may sound weird but the reality of being pregnant is really starting to kick in now. You would have thought that this would have happened a while ago but I guess I am just a little slow. Up to now I have had that out of body type of approach to the experience. I kinda felt as if I was watching this happy couple go through this great experience and I was just an observer. But I am waking up to the fact that it really is me and this really is happening.

I think it helps now that my belly is really starting to grow and the baby is getting much larger now. My ever so cute and loving husband ... LOVE YOU CHRIS ... asked a few days ago while I was getting dressed "... hey Boogie, can you see your bikini line any more?" I of course giggled at the preposterous question thinking 'how silly is my husband,' when I looked down for myself and realized that even if I sucked in my tummy as much as I could, I could no longer see it for real. Not Cool!!!

And while I don't want to admit it just yet, I think this week will be the last time for a while that I will be able to 'comfortably' shave my own legs and do my own toe nails. I am sure it can be done, I will practice twisting my body is different ways to reach those 'not so far' extremities, I just haven't figured them out yet. Any suggestions or advice is very welcome.

Maybe this will be my new friend ...


But hey ... this is all for a good cause right ... the birth of a wonderful baby MONKEY!!!

Peace Out

3 comments:

  1. ummmm no, it can't be done. Hope Chris is a good manicurist! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha LOL, I'll try. I can do the nail polish, manicures, yet to be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, have Pissy do it. Read up on pressure points that can stimulate contractions. When you go get a manicure they normally massage your leg/feet and some of them are not aware. You can sit down, stretch one leg out in the chair in front of you, cross your other leg on the stretched out leg and go to work.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete