Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lord Be With Us

Just to give you a quick update ... I am at home and on recommended bed rest. Woke up early on Thursday morning experiencing several braxton hicks contracts in a short period of time. So I called my certified midwife Alice and she said to come in when the office opens up at 9am. So monitored and documented all my contractions and headed to the office. Turns out more then likely I was just really dehydrated because after I started drinking a lot they slowed down. However, she did take the time to check my cervix and it isn't completely closed like it should be. It is pretty soft, but she can't get her finger through. Bad, but not terrible.

So therefore, I am in bed ... relaxing. It is not a complete do nothing type of bed rest. I am allowed to get up and stretch, use the restroom, shower and make my own 'simple' meals (no heavy cooking). But it does mean no more walking :( cleaning :) exercising of any kind and just be in bed whenever there is no real need for me to be up. Which of course totally clashes with my instructions to exercise to watch my weight gain. Both situations if not monitored will have some effect on the baby. So now I have to super, super, super watch what I eat and how and when to make sure I have control over both situations.

Basically I just want to be sure that from here on out my cervix behaves, doesn't open any more and Ty stays put until at least 37 weeks. It is so scary because on babycenter.com they have a community section with different groups and Chris and I are a member of the 'Sept 2009 Babies' group so a lot of the ladies are at the same point in their pregnancy as we are. It is nice to hear their stories and how similar they are but some are starting to share their own tragedies with the group. Various ladies going into preterm labor around now. The good thing is now some of those ladies are starting to share that their babies are still alive in the NICU. I try not to read them too much because I am trying to stay positive and think it won't be us.
Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment