Saturday, June 20, 2009

What Else You Got ... Bring it On

I am starting to feel like I am a walking example of all the different stuff that can go crazy during pregnancy. I received a call from one of the nurses at my Birthing Cottage this Saturday morning. Apparently results from the big urine test I did, (the one they have sent out to be tested, not the one I did myself at the office) came in this week and I have what is called Group B Strep. You can read all about it on this website here from American Pregnancy.

Seriously, I feel really special that the devil is attacking us so hard. That means God has some great works laid out for our future and the devil is trying everything to discourage me from enjoying my pregnancy. But I won't let him. NO I WON'T!!!

Well, I have already picked up my prescription and I started the antibiotics this afternoon. The doctor recommends that I start treating it now, even though the website and other sources indicate that this is usually taken care of closer to or during labor. She explained that since my cervix is already at 1 cm I am at risk for bacteria and such getting to the baby. I will be tested again once the prescription is finished. Oh and I have to also take one more pill to counter act one of the side effects of the antibiotic which is it could cause yeast infections. YEAH!!! FUN!!!

Once again, please continue to pray for Chris, myself and for Ty. Right now we need an army of prayer warriors seeking blessings and coverage over us and our health. Thanks ya'll.

.
(I thought it would be decades before I used one of these pill trackers)
Peace Out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry Phil. You guys will get through it together - all 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know we will, I'm confident. I just hope my birthing plan doesn't go totally out the window with everything going on. But hey, as long as Ty is healthy its okay in the end.

    ReplyDelete