Monday, February 16, 2009

My Weekend

Well folks, this past weekend was an interesting one. Where to start.

Well valentines day was special for many reasons. The first to mention was it was Shadow's birthday. Chris and I spent some quality time playing with him in the morning and wished him happy birthday (Sandy was super jealous). Then Chris and I made our way all the way down to I-Drive to go to point Orlando and see the movie Coreline which was absolutely adorable. You should see it.

After the movie we headed home to relax before heading out to a romantic evening at church (kind of). While we were relaxing my dad asked us for a favor. Our next door neighbor had passed away last week and her funeral was that evening and my mom wasn't feeling good. Well my dad didn't want to go in alone so he asked Chris and I to go with him before we headed out to church. It would only be 10 minutes and it was just down the street from where we lived. So we agreed. This neighbor I never really knew, she was a little old lady I only saw but never talked to, my parents talked to her and my mom drove her to work occasionally. So I was surprised when my dad wanted me to walk with him up to the casket and view the body. GROSS!!!. Had to do it. Shortly after Chris and I speed out of there.

At church they were having a presentation of the Pirates of Penzance Junior. You see, he and his friends Lennardo and Sherwin were in the play together back in 1997 and they had the greatest time so he told them and they all came with their wives to watch it. It was nice. The church even served a bar b que dinner before hand. Afterwards the 6 of us just stood outside talking and laughing. Good times.

Sunday was just a blur though, didn't feel good all day.

Now it is Monday morning and Chris just left for his first (and hopefully only one) interview. It starts at 10:00am. I am praying everything goes well because it is a great company and a great position.

No comments:

Post a Comment