Monday, March 9, 2009

Getting Over It

This weekend I discovered I had what I think was the flu. I had the swore itchy throat, the fever and migraine head ache, oh and stuff nose. But now the worse is finally over and I am getting better. Now I just have a burny nose and slight head head but I am up and working and getting on with it.

The hardest part was being concerned about what effect this would have on the baby and what medications I could or couldn't take to help pass the time. The hardest part was because it was the weekend and we couldn't just call our doctors office. In the end I took Robitussin for the cold part and Tylenol for the fever. Small doses, not the full strength so recovery was a little longer. But lots of fluids and rest helped also. As far as I know baby and I are fine ... and so far Chris has not gotten sick ... YEAH!!!

Peace Out,
Philippa Channer

2 comments:

  1. Next time you go to Dr. be sure to ask what number to call on weekends and evenings. They will probably have an answering service that takes message and Dr. or nurse calls you back. This will be really important as you get further into the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am going to call them up soon because our next appointment isn't until the end of the month so anything can happen

    ReplyDelete