Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby Gender Poll

Chris and I decided we were have just way too much fun trying to figure out what the baby was going to be on our own. We wanted to find a way to make sure all of you could join the fun also. So we have created a baby gender poll so we can all pitch in and vote for the baby's sex.

So what do you think we will be having, a boy or a girl? We have our own ideas but we want to hear from you. We will close the poll and give the final results on the morning of our 20 week ultrasound. We don't know the date of the appointment yet but as soon as we do we will let you know. To give you an estimate, we will be at 20 weeks on May 6, so any time around then.

To make this even more exciting Chris and I have decided to make this a nice little contest. The prize to be won will be your very own, creatively designed T-Shirt with the baby's name, our name, your name and something cute like.

To enter the contest you must:

1. Choose your gender on the poll to the right and hit vote. If you want, you can see the current results of all the votes submitted so far.

2. Make a comment on this post telling us what gender you choose and what you would like the baby to be named with that gender. We have some names chosen but we are curious to know what you think and still open for ideas.

3. We are opening this fun contest to family and friends. It's just easier and will help cut down on random strangers voting.

4. And that is it.

On the day of the ultrasound when we find out the gender we will close the voting and chose a winner. We will chose a winner out of the correct votes. For instance, if it is a girl all the people who voted for a girl will be put in a hat and the winner drawn. (We will video tape it so it is fair :) ) If you chose boy, then you will not be included in the drawing. And it if is going to be a boy then it will be reversed.

Sound Good!!! I hope so, enjoy, have fun and Good Luck!!!!

Peace Out,
Philippa Channer

20 comments:

  1. I say girl..... no reason ..... girl just popped in my head. no ideas for her name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Buuooy......Octavius Reginald the 3rd is the name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say a girl. I have a feeling that the two of you will just be awesome parents no matter what the childs gender, but I have a feeling that Chris will be extra "fatherly" with a girl. Just my two cents ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said boy because I feel that is what you want, but deep down I think its a girl. Name him Christopher Anthony and Her Ena-May

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to say GIRL on this one. Chris will be a great father. No idea on the name front though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look-A here, I have to see you and be around you for my psychic vibe to kick in and I will be able to tell you what you are having and who the baby will look like. For real-I saw Moses before I had him. That is why I had a shower for a boy before I found out the sex-creepy huh? Anyway, I named my child Moses so you know I am not coming with anything simple. Here are a few of my favorites.

    Girl: Naila= Arabic meaning one who attains.
    Nariyah= Hebrew meaning Child of God.

    Boy: Kai= Finnish meaning Rejoice.

    Uncertain about how to pronounce them, just call me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the above comment was done by ME.-lol..JK it's Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a boy! Miss you guys!!! I was in your state but you couldn't see me waving at you lol! Love, Jonna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey This is Luke Erickson. I see Chris holding little Emma Channer in his arms, sooo....
    Sex: Girl
    Name: Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun. I am loving the comments and suggestions so far. To date, the boys are still on top, just slightly though. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a boy - Zephyr Oak Channer - classy don't you think?! love and miss you guys! wendy lane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it will be a girl!!! As for the name, hmmm, lets see...okay got it!! Simone Channer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i thinks its a boy..and you should name him Chademus Channer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris&Phil I am so excited for you guys! I definitely hope it is a girl :o)

    I heard two really pretty names the other day -Savannah and Eva. Hmmm....not sure if those are up your ally, but I thought they were pretty!

    The little girl I met [Savannah] was about two years old - really cute, haha.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's definitely a GIRL because GIRLS are the BEST!! plus i definitely see Chris spoiling a baby GIRL and Philppa dressing her like a princess. so...it's a GIRL.

    as for names...hmmm, i kinda like Luke's suggestion of Emma. I'll have to think about that a little more -- since I keep having girls myself, I don't have many options left to give other people!! :)

    can't wait to meet your baby GIRL and win my fabulous prize!!

    jess mc

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you will have a boy. I have no particular reason and I'm not "pulling for" a boy...except, I guess I am now since I'm voting for a boy.
    I think you should name him Phil...just because it would be fun to have a male and female Phil in the house!
    Lots of love,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Precious. I think that it's a boy. I like the name Christopher Phillip Channer. It puts both of your names together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chris its a guy or it better be cause if not me and you will be combin our beards lol
    -G. Ruiz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karsten said boy because deep down my wife and I beleive that the karma they share has decided it to be so. Besides...we already have the girl!!! The name will probably be something outlandish at first and then will be decidedly normaly such as Kyle Matthew Channer.

    ReplyDelete