Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Body Week 13

Hooray!!! The first trimester is nearing an end. I think we will hold a party. Well at least a mini party with just Chris and I and a bottle of Apple Cider. :)

Here is what the babycenter.com has to say about our 13th week of pregnancy ... lots have happened in the past few weeks ... exciting developments.

As for me, I am loads better and getting stronger each day. I have a lot more energy and will power to do stuff. I still take naps in the afternoon or early evening ... okay not really naps ... I sleep for at least 2 hours or more. But the level of energy when I am awake is great. I can actually get up and do some cleaning and help around the house in the mornings and afternoons. And I have even started to get back into using our Wii Fit game. I was actually sore the first few days after I started. That is awesome because I know that it will benefit me now and later after the baby is born. I am so scared at the possibility of not being able to take off my baby weight. I know pretty lame ... but I am.

Lets see ... what else is up. Oh oh my heartburn problems ... well I think I have that tamed now. You see I have been eating cereal pretty regularly each morning and my problems would start shortly after eating. Something hit me early this week and I thought to myself maybe my body is starting to have problems with the milk. So I decided for the next few days I wouldn't have any milk in the morning and sure enough my heartburn has almost disappeared. Late at night maybe right before I got to bed I may have a few small waves of burning but nothing compared to before. I know I need my calcium though so I am thinking of getting some pills to take along with the prenatal vitamins each day.

And the last thing I can think of that is new is I am starting to have problems with my lower back, upper right check which Chris and I believe to be my Sciatica Nerve. Chris has a book for expecting fathers that talks about it and say it is common and gives ways for dads to comfort and massage their wives. So I am looking forward to that. Sometimes it is worse then others but mostly it is still bearable.
Peace Out,
Philippa Channer

2 comments:

  1. Hello Chris and Phil!
    Congrats to you both....what a wonderful blessing! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. We are praying. God's blesssings to your growing family.
    Love,
    Jessica Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica, thanks for stopping by ... glad you like it so far. We miss you and your family ... thanks for the Blessings.

    ReplyDelete